The rising cost of dental care has made travel for zirconium crowns in India an attractive option for people living in the US, Canada, Europe, Asia and Australia. With an increase in the number of people seeking dental crowns, bridges and implants in India, dentistry has come a long way, and many clinics now cater exclusively to foreign tourists.
If you’re looking for zirconium dental crowns – India has a number of travel options that will allow you to save considerably compared to having the procedure in your home country.
Why Zirconium Crowns?
Zirconium (or zirconia) crowns offer a number of advantages over conventional metal or porcelain fixtures. Zirconium crowns have a more natural appearance and greater durability. Unlike porcelain-fused crowns, in which a thin band of natural-looking porcelain is lain over a metal base, zirconium crowns are ‘full contour,’ meaning the prosthetic is made of solid zirconium. This avoids the grey banding often seen at the edge of the gumline in composite crowns.
The popularity of zirconium crowns has been noted by many, including the authors of a 2010 study by the University of Toronto, who praise the material’s “non-allergenicity, corrosion resistance and good aesthetics.”
How Much For Zirconia Crowns in India?
For many, the biggest drawback to zirconium crowns is the cost. Because of the many advantages they offer over porcelain or metal prosthetics, zirconium dental prosthetics tend to command a higher price. For that reason, many people are taking advantage of the low cost of zirconium crowns in India and other developing countries.
Typically, the cost of tooth-colored dental caps in India is between 40-60% less than in Europe or Australia, even when travel expenses are included. This is largely due to the country’s lower cost of living, and does not reflect upon the quality of treatment. In fact, as a growing economic power with a highly educated population, India is home to a number of well-equipped dental clinics and highly trained oral surgeons, whose quality of services and competence compare favorably to those in the more developed countries.
Dental Tourism Destinations in India
Home to over 1.2 billion people, India can be an intimidating travel destination. In order to receive the highest quality zirconia teeth caps in India, some familiarity with the country’s top dental tourism destinations is necessary.
- Bangalore: A high-tech hub with a young population, Bangalore boasts an impressive healthcare infrastructure. Home to a number of highly skilled dentists, Bangalore is a popular destination for tourists looking for dental crowns and zirconium implants in India.
- Delhi: Another popular spot for zirconium crowns in India, Delhi is a bustling metropolis with a charming old city frequently visited by tourists. A number of clinics with English-speaking staff cater to international travelers.
- Mumbai: As one of the world’s largest cities, one can find just about anything in Mumbai. The city’s status as a travel hub makes it an accessible destination for dental tourism.
No matter where in the country you go, expect to find many dental clinics offering zirconium and other prosthetics, such as E-Max crowns in India.
India Travel Tips
There’s no question that, at first, India can be overwhelming for many Westerners. Knowing a little about the country beforehand is a great way to prevent culture shock. Here are some tips that will make your trip for dental zirconium crowns in India go smoothly.
- Be prepared for extreme weather. During the summer months, temperatures regularly top 100°F. June to September is the monsoon season, so pack for heavy rains if you’re traveling then.
- India’s currency is the rupee; be sure to have cash on hand, as many places do not accept credit cards or traveler’s checks.
- Unless you’ve traveled in South Asia before, avoid drinking tap water or eating street food.
- Check with the Indian consulate in your home country well in advance of your departure to confirm visa requirements.
There’s no question that traveling to India for dental work and other kinds of treatments is a growing phenomenon. According to a June 2011 article published in the Health Economics section of Wharton School of Business’ blog Knowledge @Wharton, India’s “medical tourism sector is expected to grow 30% annually up to 2015.” If you’re embarrassed by missing or damaged teeth, a trip for zirconium crowns in India can be a cost-effective way to restore your smile and get your confidence back, without breaking the bank.
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information on Zirconium Crowns in India.