With high stress and obesity adding to the increasing incidence of diseases affecting the circulatory system all over the world, patients are choosing to get low-cost, yet quality vascular surgery in India.
As healthcare costs increase exponentially in the US, more and more people are seeking cheaper remedial alternatives in India. They are undergoing elective procedures such as teeth replacements and even complex treatments such as brain and heart surgery in India.
Inexpensive vascular treatments such as catheter embolization, vascular stenting and angioplasty in India are readily available and increasingly being sought.
What is Vascular Surgery?
- Vascular surgery is a multidisciplinary surgical specialty where the vascular system, made up of veins and arteries, is treated using medical therapy, minimally-invasive procedures such as stents and angioplasty, as well as surgical reconstruction.
- Vascular surgeons attend to a range of diseases that can impact all parts of the body. From arterial diseases such as aneurysms, lymphatic diseases, venous diseases like deep vein thrombosis, to migraines, vascular surgery is used extensively. Here is a leading vascular surgeon’s take on varicose veins surgery in India. Interested readers can also go through this video on diabetic foot treatment in India.
- Many people from the First World are unable to afford the cost of treatment and head to India for vascular surgery to get remedy for diabetic foot, varicose veins, deep venous thrombosis, abdominal and thoracic aneurysms, and femoral embolectomy as they can then receive world-class treatment in a hospitable environment without emptying their coffers.
Vascular Surgery India – the Advantages
A CII-McKinsey report projects medical tourism earnings to rise over $2 billion by 2012. Given the affordability of Indian medicine, it can be assumed that a significant number of medical tourists are heading to Indian cities like Mumbai and New Delhi for coronary angioplasty, diabetic foot treatment, and orthopedic procedures and even for plastic surgeries and cosmetic dental treatments.
There are many more advantages to getting vascular leg surgery in India, some of which are listed as under:
- Vascular surgery in India costs about 35%-40% of what one will have to shell out for the treatment in the United States.
- The leading hospitals in India use cutting edge surgical equipment and are in observance of international standards of hygiene. As vascular surgery doctors of India operate on you, you can expect the use of world-class technology.
- With many of them being internationally trained, many vascular surgeons in India hold global certifications.
- Most of the doctors, surgeons and medical staff who work in renowned vascular surgery clinics in India can speak fluent English.
- With an abundance of world-class hospitals and medical professionals, you will be able to schedule any procedure such as laser vascular surgery in India with ease as waiting time can be almost zero in the Southwest Asian country.
- Most of the hospitals that cater to foreign medical tourists are JCI, ISO, and/or NABH accredited and offer low cost vascular surgery in India.
- India evokes an imagery of bewildering diversity, with each city being a treasure trove of culture and landscape. Before your vascular surgery in India, you might be able to gently explore the city you choose for your treatment.
Vascular Leg Surgery India – Travel Considerations
- Research all your options before settling on the right healthcare facility and surgeon for your vascular surgery in India.
- The medical malpractice laws of India are not as stringent as those in the US and should be considered in your surgical planning.
- While most Indian cities are cosmopolitan, it is advisable to be conservative about your clothing.
- Be cautious about your safety.
- Make sure that you have fulfilled all the travel requirements as you head for your vascular leg surgery in India. You will require travel visas to enter India. Information about travel visas can be found at the Indian Consulates in your country.
- Keep in mind that it can take up to 24 hours to travel from the US to India.
- Remember to convert your currency into Indian rupees. While larger businesses accept traveler’s checks and major credit cards, small stores that make up a majority of Indian markets operate on a cash-only basis.
- Avoid drinking tap water at all costs. Carry bottled water with you to avoid any unpleasant gastrointestinal problems.
- India’s weather is as diverse as its people. So remember to check on the local weather as you schedule your vascular surgery in India and pack accordingly.
- Depending on where you are in India, the language will change. While most people you interact with will speak English, each city will have its local language.
- India’s national language is Hindi. Some common Hindi phrases are:
- namaste – Hello
- kaise hain (pronounced as hey) aap? – How are you?
- hum theek hain – I’m fine
- dhanyavaad – thank you
- chalte hain – good-bye
- may kho gayi (feminine)/gaya (masculine) hu – I’m lost
- ye kitne ka hai? – how much is this?
- maaf kijiye – excuse me
India’s rising global presence has resulted in the development of international standard medical care with widely experienced doctors and state-of-the-art technology. Add to this, the hospitality of India’s people and its varied landscape and vascular surgery in India becomes an obvious decision.
Quality Surgery India facilitates affordable medical treatments at various hospitals under our network in India. For more information and FREE quote, submit the estimate–request form on the right.