Medical tourists hailing from United States, the United Kingdom and other European countries, and African countries such as Kenya and Nigeria, are now traveling for quality surgery in India. Robotic cardiac surgery in India is becoming a popular option for medical tourists seeking inexpensive and up-to-the-minute surgical techniques.
According to the article “Medical Tourism in India – An overview,” published on the India Business Blog on May 23, 2011, it is estimated that India will receive over half a million annual visitors every year by 2015. Besides the low robotic bypass surgery price in India, medical tourists are attracted by the exciting opportunity to travel around the country and enjoy the sunny weather. The proximity of India to Africa, the Middle East and Europe also makes it a favorable destination for medical procedures.
About Robotic Cardiac Surgery
Robotic cardiac surgery involves the use of the da Vinci Surgical System for minimally invasive heart surgery. This allows for patients to experience shortened recovery periods compared to patients who undergo open heart surgery. During robot-assisted heart surgery, robotic instruments help surgeons work through a smaller opening for more precise incisions. As per the article “400th robotic-assisted heart surgery,” written by Emily Clark and published on June 24th, 2008 in Gizmag, there have been several thousand cardiac repairs done using robotic-assisted surgical techniques between 2002 and 2008. There are a handful of state-of-the-art hospitals providing cardiac da Vinci robotic surgery in India.
Cost of Da Vinci Cardiac Surgery in India
- One does not have to worry about breaking the bank as the cost of robotically assisted heart surgery in India is lower than in most Western countries.
- The low cost of living and the high competition between doctors are the reasons that removal of intra cardiac tumors in India is so cost-effective. Low cost robotic hysterectomy in India is also available for those seeking a minimally invasive treatment to get respite from fibroids, uterine cancer, and endometriosis et al.
- Since valve repair/replacement in India is inexpensive, medical tourists can bring along a friend or family member for moral support.
- You won’t have to shell out much on lodging as you recuperate from treatment for mediastinal tumors/mass in India.
Advantages of Robotic Cardiac Surgery in India
- You will be in good hands during your robotically-assisted heart surgery in India. Whether you undergo a mitral valve repair or angioplasty in India, there are plenty of JCI-accredited and ISO-certified hospitals in the country to choose from.
- Medical tourists traveling abroad from English-speaking countries do not have to worry about a language barrier during their treatment for atrial septic defect or ASD in India or for that matter any other treatment, as staff members of majority of the good hospitals can speak English.
- Ablation for atrial fibrillation in India is performed by experienced, caring surgeons. The leading robotic heart surgeons in India have undergone rigorous years of training.
- Many Indian surgeons have studied abroad in the United States and the United Kingdom before being certified to perform heart surgery in India.
- Europeans and Asians traveling for cardiac procedures such as multi-vessel TECAB in India do not have to fly long distances compared to the traveling involved should they happen to choose some other medical tourism destination.
Pointers on Medical Travel to India
- Before traveling for procedures such as Robot-assisted MIDCAB and Endoscopic Coronary Artery Bypass (TECAB) in India, it is important to look for patient testimonials as you search for the right medical clinic.
- Be it cardiac surgery or da Vinci robotic prostatectomy in India, you should also look up the necessary travel documentation required.
- Having a travel plan before your minimally invasive robotic surgery in India will help you make the most of your trip.
- Robot assisted heart procedures in India require follow up appointments that you will most likely schedule in your native country. Make sure to take into account the cost of follow-up appointments in addition to the cost of less invasive robotic heart surgery India.
- It is a good idea to write down some emergency phone numbers before traveling for complex heart procedures such as multivessel and single vessel TECAB in India. In India, the number to call an ambulance is “102,” whereas the number for the police is “100.”
In the case of cardiac complications, robotic cardiac surgery in India may be an attractive option for those seeking inexpensive procedures. Rather than putting off a surgery that could be beneficial to your health, you may want to consider joining the numerous medical tourists traveling to India each year for low cost medical procedures. In India, you will find the salubrious warm weather in addition to affordable, quality heart surgery.
Fill out the estimate request form on the right to get more information about Robotic Cardiac Surgery in India.