If you are like among the many who have thought long and hard, and decided to undergo mini gastric bypass, New Delhi may be an affordable destination for you to consider. It is expected that people will increasingly look towards bariatric surgery for health, as more than one-third of US adults were obese in 2009-2010 as per a Centre for Disease Control publication.
Bariatric surgery is a last resort option often taken by people with obesity to reduce weight and regain a better quality life.
India’s capital, New Delhi, has a booming medical tourism industry. It is fueled partly by lower medical costs and world-class hospitals that are an attractive combination for medical tourists from Western countries. Mini gastric bypass surgery in New Delhi could be an affordable option for people considering weight loss surgery in India.
Why Choose Mini Gastric Bypass in New Delhi, India
- According to a University of Delaware publication (2005): Medical tourism could bring in almost $2.2 billion to India by 2012, and India has top-notch centers for gold-standard procedures such as open-heart surgery, cancer therapy and more.
- Meanwhile, a Yale Center for the Study of Globalization report (2010) states: Compared to the overburdened health care system in the US that is not sustainable, India offers value-for-money because it produces over 30,000 new doctors a year combined with a diverse genetic pool for drug testing.
- In addition, many hospitals in New Delhi have achieved internationally recognized JCI and ISO certifications.
- Most bariatric doctors and medical staff are proficient in English and there is hardly a language barrier.
- There is minimal or no waiting time for surgical attention.
Mini Gastric Bypass in New Delhi – Other Info
This procedure can be done at various locations throughout the world, but the mini gastric bypass in New Delhi, India has the advantage of leaving more funds in your pocket. As an overview in simple terms, the procedure divides the stomach into two parts, and creates a smaller stomach tube that connects to the intestines. You will feel full after even a small meal thus helping your intention of weight loss.
Mini gastric bypass is a reversible procedure that requires a shorter surgical duration compared to other bariatric surgeries. Depending on consultation with your doctor, you may also opt for gastric bypass, gastric sleeve, or gastric plication in India.
- If you are determined to go for morbid obesity surgery, you can choose self-pay or insurance-paid options.
- Should you be able to afford self-pay method, shop around to get a better understanding of mini gastric bypass costs worldwide. You will find that the fine balance between top medical expertise, world-class hospitals and the lower cost of mini gastric bypass in New Delhi, an attractive conclusion you can’t afford to overlook.
Travel Tips for those Considering MGB India
- If traveling solo or with company, make sure everyone has a passport with more than six month’s validity.
- Check with local Indian consulates as Americans, Canadians and other nationalities require passport and visa to enter India.
- Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi is one of the busiest in Asia, with direct routes from major cities worldwide.
- It is advisable to drink only bottled water.
- You can visit Red Fort, the red sandstone complex and Qutab Minar, the tallest brick tower in the world with incredible architecture.
- India Gate commemorates fallen soldiers during World War I and is a popular boulevard.
Overweight bodies can be a severe hindrance to mobility and enjoyment of life, and a mini gastric bypass in New Delhi, India could provide a comparatively cheaper choice for those wanting to get a grip on obesity. If you are interested, read articles and talk with your doctor to decide if a mini gastric bypass in New Delhi would suit your weight loss roadmap.
Quality Surgery India facilitates affordable mini gastric bypass in New Delhi. For more information, submit the estimate–request form on the right.