Laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery in Mumbai, India can help you win the battle over the bulge without digging deep into your pockets. Weight loss surgery in India is available at a price that can be termed a pittance when compared to the prohibitive costs charged in the US, Canada, the UK, and other First World countries.
Obesity – A Growing Epidemic
It’s no secret that the US, Canada, the UK and other developed countries of the West are facing an obesity endemic hitting people in epic proportions. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention states that one-third of all American adults are clinically obese. With obesity rates hitting all time highs, more and more people are looking to surgery to help get their weight back into a healthy range.
Yet, surgery isn’t always an affordable option. That’s the main reason that minimally invasive laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery in India and Mumbai, in particular, is gaining popularity among offshore medical tourists, including Americans. Though cost is the major reason that patients choose to have gastric bypass surgery in Mumbai, India or any other weight loss surgery, there are many other reasons that make the “Maximum City” a premier destination over other cities and countries.
Why Get Gastric Bypass Surgery in Mumbai, India?
Cheap gastric bypass surgery in Mumbai is the first reason people travel abroad for bariatric surgery. Laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery cost in Mumbai is up to 40%-60% less than it is in the west. However, other factors leading patients to get minimally invasive gastric bypass surgery in Mumbai or any other type of bariatric surgery include:
- Mumbai boasts of being the abode of some of the most reliable doctors in the world. And more than that, those doctors are affordable for ordinary people from the West. Laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery doctors in Mumbai are up to date with all of the latest technology.
- Mumbai has some of the best hospitals in the world that provide a clean environment for patients. If you are going to get cheap gastric bypass surgery in Mumbai, you won’t have to compromise on a good facility as the city boasts of JCI, NABH and ISO accredited facilities.
- English is widely spoken in urban India, which means that patients can easily communicate not only with doctors, but also the entire medical staff. If you are getting minimally invasive gastric bypass surgery in Mumbai, it will be easy for you to communicate everything.
- As already stated, gastric bypass surgery price in Mumbai is much less than it is in the west. Patients can expect great savings even after they incur travel expenses. In fact, other procedures too such as cosmetic surgery in India cost much lower than in the west. So one can always return back for an easy-on-the-pocket plastic surgery after weight loss to get rid of the redundant skin.
- India is a country steeped in culture and history. When you travel to get cheap gastric bypass surgery in Mumbai, you can take some time to see some of the best sites that dot the city, including the majestic Gateway of India, the intricate expanse of the Elephanta Caves, and the imposing façade of the Taj Mahal hotel.
Gastric Bypass in Mumbai, India – Things to Know
- Before you select a hospital, it is good to get feedback from other patients who have undergone similar surgeries. Gastric bypass surgery stories from others will help you decide on a hospital and a doctor. Real testimonies will give you real feedback.
- Go through literature on the web to acquaint yourself with what the procedure entails. Gastric bypass involves resection of the stomach to reduce gastric space (which means you feel sated after eating small quantities of food) and connecting the stomach directly to jejunum, the mid portion of the small intestine. This results in food to bypass a major part of the intestine and leads to less absorption of calories. Gastric bypass is an irreversible bariatric procedure.
According to a study by D Edholm, F Svensson, and colleagues, published on March 23, 2012, in Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases: Official Journal of the American Society for Bariatric Surgery, substantial weight loss is maintained and revision surgeries are rare in gastric bypass patients.
- There are many other types of bariatric surgery as well. In order to determine if minimally invasive gastric bypass surgery in Mumbai is right for you, you should consult your doctor at home and also try to have a phone conversation with the doctor in Mumbai. You may also want to weigh reversible procedures such as gastric plication in India.
- While the gastric bypass surgery price in Mumbai is lower than in the west, that doesn’t mean it is for everyone. You must be:
- Healthy enough to undergo surgery
- At least 100 pounds overweight
- Willing and healthy enough to fly to Mumbai
- Logistically, gastric bypass in New Delhi may be more viable for you.
These are just a few things to consider when deciding on surgery abroad. Cheap gastric bypass surgery in Mumbai is a good option for many people, but it is important to assess your individual case to determine if it is right for you.
Quality Surgery India facilitates affordable gastric bypass surgeries at various hospitals under its network in India. For more information and FREE quote, submit the estimate–request form on the right.