“Gastric plication in India” is the buzz-word. India is a feasible destination for those seeking to reduce weight but who are unable to do so with the conventional methods such as dieting and exercising. Though bariatric surgeries can be very effective, yet their costs can be discouraging for quite a few. For such people, opting for stomach plication or gastric sleeve plication surgery in India can be practicable.
Weight loss surgery in India, in addition to being affordable, is also of high quality and has helped a number of offshore patients realize their target of losing weight.
What is Gastric Plication?
Gastric plication is a restrictive surgical procedure adopted to reduce stomach volume and aid low food intake. The procedure is also termed as Laproscopic Greater Curvature Plication (LGCP). The procedure does not involve cutting or removal of stomach or intestines or use of foreign implants of any kind. The weight loss is quicker and results simply amazing.
Gastric Plication is minimally invasive and takes approximately one to two hours to complete. Most patients may have to stay in the hospital for 1or 2 days after the operation. Patients feel less hungry and are satiated after ingestion of small quantities of food. The weight loss surgery is meant to keep you healthy and fit by achieving and maintaining healthier weight.
Advantages of Gastric Plication
- The biggest advantage is its minimal invasiveness and reversibility.
- The operation is performed without loss of gastrointestinal tissues.
- There is a rare risk of complications like in other bariatric surgeries.
- Nutrition absorbing capacity of stomach remains intact.
- It results in quicker weight loss compared to other obesity surgeries.
- Patients require a brief hospitalization of two nights only.
Benefits of Undergoing Gastric Plication in India
- The cost of gastric plication surgery in India is only a miniscule of what developed countries may charge.
- The low cost of living coupled with low labor costs makes medical treatment in India especially affordable. This may come as a boon to many international patients who do not have the benefit of insurance.
- India boasts of the state-of-the-art hospitals spread across its major cities. The excellent medical standards and the presence of approximately sixteen Joint Commission International accredited hospitals in India class it as one of the most popular destinations for medical tourism.
- India has earned world-wide acclaim for an array of highly qualified doctors and bariatric surgeons in its domain. Many among the stream are the alumni of top-notch medical institutions of the world. India offers a diverse range of surgical treatments for obesity.
- The lower cost of Bariatric surgeries do not in any way compromise with the quality of medical standards in India. Low costs merely point to a different delivery system of healthcare in India.
- Travelling to India for Bariatric surgery can be coupled with sightseeing vacations. Patients can include in their trip the sight-seeing itinerary to enjoy the scenic splendor of this country. It would be a blessing in disguise for those wishing to shed their extra flab.
- Most medical practitioners in India can speak English, so communication is never a barrier.
According to a study conducted by Bariatric Times, the patients who undergo Gastric Plication surgery reveal satisfactory weight loss with the lowest complication rates among all Bariatric procedures. And the results too trickle quicker under Gastric Plication Surgery than through other procedures.
Nevertheless, India remains the abode for quality, timely and professional services for Gastric Plication Surgery on affordable rates; test the waters!
Quality Surgery India facilitates affordable medical treatments at various hospitals in India. For more information and FREE quote, submit the estimate-request form on the right.