For people with financial constraints, having a vibrant, firmer, and youthful skin is no more a distant dream because of cost effective face lift surgery in India. Recent years have seen a surge in the number of medical tourists thronging India, primarily due to affordable healthcare services provided by the best of the surgeons and doctors in India.
Around the globe, an increasing number of people are opting for facelift surgery. According to statistics compiled by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) for 2009, nearly 103,625 facelift procedures were done in the US alone.
What is Face Lift Surgery?
- Facelifts help eliminate sagging of skin on the neck and slackness of tissues in the cheeks.
- Facelift may also be performed conjointly with eyelid surgery, forehead lift, and other facial cosmetic surgery procedures to further enhance aesthetic appearance.
The different types of facelift surgeries are:
- Full facelift which involves tightening of skin of the entire face
- Temporal facelift to lift drooping eyebrows
- Neck lift to tighten the loose skin folds in the neck
- Mini facelift which is more suitable for younger patients with good skin elasticity. Though mini facelifts are based on the same principles as applicable on traditional facelifts, these involve lower risk, lesser scarring and pain, and shorter recovery period.
Why Opt for Facelift Surgery in India?
There are a number of advantages of undergoing facelift in India.
- Indian healthcare services are renowned for their excellent quality. Most of the hospitals in India have state-of the-art infrastructure and use modern technology.
- There are many hospitals in major cities of India with international accreditation, employing the services of renowned names in the field of cosmetic surgery. International accreditation makes it imperative to observe high safety and quality standards.
- Low cost of facelift in Indian hospitals is another added advantage of undergoing face surgery in India.
- Even after counting the lodging and travelling expenses, the total cost of the surgery comes to be just a fraction of what it costs in the USA, the UK, and other developed nations.
- Most of the insurance companies do not include face lifts in the gamut of medical procedures covered by them. So going for a low cost face lift surgery in India can be a practical decision.
- Facelifts in India are performed by board certified plastic surgeons having affiliation with medical bodies such as the Association of Plastic Surgeons in India (APSI) and Indian Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (IAAPS). Some of the plastic surgeons in India also have international experience.
- Language is not a problem in India with most of the Indian doctors and their staff having proficiency in English. A number of hospitals also have language interpreters for the convenience of their foreign patients.
Planning a Leisure Trip to India
Going for cosmetic surgery in India gives medical vacationers the opportunity to plan a leisure trip too. Right from enjoying a rejuvenating spa and Ayurvedic treatments in Rishikesh, hiking in the jungle trails of the Himalayas, enjoying water sports in the sandy beaches of the Goa, to admiring the ancient wonders of Ajanta and Ellora caves, a medical tourist to India can look forward to variegated travel experiences.
Some of the key tourist places in India are:
- The Taj Mahal in Agra
- Qutab Minar, Humayun’s Tomb, India Gate in Delhi
- Amber Fort, City Palace, Jal Mahal in Jaipur
Key Tips for Medical Tourists to India
- Overseas patients are advised to thoroughly research about the credibility of cosmetic and plastic surgeons in India.
- Avoid street food to keep stomach problems at bay.
- Always go for packaged drinking water.
- Do not give donations to beggars. You may instead donate to various charitable institutions such as orphanages and old-age homes.
- There are a number of medical tourism agencies in India which help connect the patients with doctors, and hospitals in India. Offshore patients can always ask them to include a travel itinerary in their schedule. One can also request free online quotes for planning the medical trip.
The benefits of relatively low cost of living in India, coupled with rolling out advanced information technology to the medical sector, has resulted in economical medical services in India. A youthful appearance is no more a prerogative of only celebrities and affluent people, thanks to affordable facelift surgery in India.
Quality Surgery India facilitates affordable medical treatments at various hospitals under our network in India. For more information and FREE quote, submit the estimate – request form on the right.