Doctors in India have contributed their bit to the country’s healthcare industry that has evolved a lot in the last couple of years. According to the Investment Commission of India, the healthcare sector in India has experienced phenomenal growth of 12 percent per annum in the last 4 years.
Statistics released by the World Health organization reveal that India contributes 2500 doctors annually in the modern system of medicine. India has approximately 600,000 allopathic doctors registered to practice medicine. The best doctors in India form the biggest draw for hordes of medical tourists, who come to India for various medical treatments every year.
Why Doctors in India?
The reason why more and more medical tourists are heading to India to seek medical treatment is the presence of renowned and specialized doctors and surgeons in India. Indian doctors have particularly gained distinction in the field of dental surgery, heart surgery, orthopedics, eye surgery, cosmetic surgery and other areas of advanced medicine.
Here are some of the reasons why more and more medical tourists are choosing doctors in India:
- Highly specialized doctors and surgeons placed in Indian hospitals with international accreditation
- Many of the doctors in India have obtained their advanced degrees from world class institutions abroad
- Due to a lenient bureaucratic procedure for the acceptance of new medical techniques, surgeons in India are adept in the latest, state of the art technology
- Due to the overwhelming presence of world class Indian doctors and surgeons around the globe, westerners feel comfortable in the hands of Indian doctors. U.S. residency data, 2006, showed that there were about 5,000 graduates of Indian medical schools in U.S. training programs.
- Doctors and surgeons in India are available for immediate consultation, so the patients from abroad do not face any inconvenient waiting period.
- The patients receive warm, personalized care at the hands of world class doctors and surgeons in India.
Tips for choosing doctors in India
With so many doctors to choose from, how does one decide which doctor is the best in his field of specialization? This question is of critical importance, especially for the medical tourists who travel a long distance in the hope of specialized care at the hands of top doctors in India.
For medical tourists who arrive in India for the first time for a medical treatment, it is pertinent that they choose the best physicians in India who provide them with immaculate medical care.
Here are a few things to consider while choosing the best physicians in India.
- The number of years the doctor has practiced after obtaining MD.
- The doctor should have board certification in his field of specialty.
- No history of malpractice, or disciplinary action against the doctor.
- In case of a surgeon, the number of successful operations he has performed.
- The doctor should be affiliated to one or more medical boards or associations.
- Choose a doctor who is preferably associated with a corporate hospital that has international accreditation.
- Read the reviews on the hospital where your doctor is placed.
- Ask for old patients’ testimonials.
For medicals tourists who are looking for world class doctors and surgeons who provide them with specialized medical treatments at a fraction of the cost of the treatments in western countries, getting treated at the hands of doctors in India remains the most viable option.
Quality Surgery India facilitates affordable medical treatments at various hospitals in India. For more information and FREE quote, submit the estimate-request form on the right.