People who are overweight have a higher risk of developing type 2 diabetes and other health complications such as heart disease and
high blood pressure. Fortunately, curing type 2 diabetes with surgery is now possible, but like any other medical breakthrough, it does not come at a cheap price. Diabetes surgery in Mumbai is one of the practical alternatives for diabetics who lack the budget to undergo surgical treatment in First World countries such as the US.
Affordability is one of the primary reasons why more and more medical tourists not only from the US, but also from Australia, Africa, the Middle East, the UK and other European countries are choosing metabolic surgery in India. With metabolic surgery for type 2 diabetes in Mumbai, they can expect to get around 50% to 70% of the price as discount.
Bariatric Surgery for Diabetes Management
Here are some helpful facts for those planning to undergo type 2 diabetes surgery in India:
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s 2011 National Diabetes Fact Sheet, 25.8 million American children and adults had diabetes in 2010, of which 7.0 million cases were undiagnosed.
- Those considering low cost diabetes bypass surgery can raise their hopes up. A study by Nils Wierup et al (published in the April 30, 2013 issue of the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism), found that gastric bypass could alter the production of amino acids and hormones during digestion, which helps eliminate the symptoms of type 2 diabetes.
- Another study published in the February 25, 2013 issue of Diabetes Care shows that gastric bypass has the ability to reverse pancreas damage caused by type 2 diabetes (“Metabolic Effects of Bariatric Surgery in Patients With Moderate Obesity and Type 2 Diabetes,” by Philip Schauer et al).
Mumbai as a Destination for Diabetes Surgery
There are many advantages of choosing a hospital in Mumbai for your gastrointestinal
surgery for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. Keep in mind, though, that the “Maximum City” also offers metabolic surgery for non-obese type 2 diabetics.
- The low cost of diabetes surgery here gives financially-challenged, overly obese people from developed countries an opportunity to take the first step in losing weight and turn their health around. The cost of diabetes surgery here is only a small fraction of the prices in high income nations. As per the National Diabetes Fact Sheet from the CDC, the total costs of diagnosed diabetes in the US reached $245 billion in 2012. Just imagine the amount of money those patients would have saved with diabetes bariatric surgery here.
- It’s not a difficult task finding a highly competent bariatric surgeon to perform gastric bypass for type 2 diabetes in Mumbai. Many renowned weight loss surgeons here received their degrees and training from reputable medical institutions in the US.
- Medical tourists can expect first class accommodation and medical attention from any of our network of JCI- accredited hospitals and weight loss clinics in the cit.
- Potential medical tourists would also appreciate the fact that they don’t have to worry about communication barrier issues as almost all doctors here can speak English fluently.
- Long waiting times do not exist here.
- You can also prepare an itinerary to visit some of the world famous local tourist attractions here prior to your surgery.
Get to Know Mumbai
Here are some fun and useful facts about the financial hub of the country:
- Previously known as Bombay, Mumbai is the biggest city in India.
- Compared to people from other cities in India, the locals here are quite liberal and more open to other cultures.
- The best time to travel here is during the winter season, which runs between November and February.
- Some of the top tourist attractions here are the Gateway of India, the Haji Ali, the Film City, the Sanjay Gandhi National Park, and the Chor Bazaar.
Diabetes surgery in Mumbai – India lets you take the first step to a leaner, healthier life without the financial burden. All you have to do is build the courage to take that first step and commit to a lifetime of healthy choices.
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information.