Getting cosmetic surgery in India is a cost-effective option for changing one’s appearance either out of necessity or personal preference. The list of options for plastic surgery in India includes breast augmentation, nose reshaping, eyelid surgery, liposuction, and tummy tuck – 2010’s top five cosmetic surgical procedures according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
India’s cosmetic surgery procedures are available for everyone who can travel to the country. Some options are even tailored to a specific group of people, such as mommies, who want to get mommy makeover surgery in India. And for people who want to unwind afterwards, India’s culture-rich country has a lot to offer.
India Cosmetic Surgery
- Part of India’s medical tourism industry is cosmetic surgery. And falling under the cosmetic surgery umbrella are numerous procedures for different parts of the body.
- Aside from the five procedures listed above, India offers face lift, ear and eyelid or eye-bag removal surgery, removal of acne scars, butt augmentation, and even gynecomastia surgery among other things too.
- Gynecomastia is a condition wherein the breast tissues of a man enlarge. It could happen to anyone due to various hormonal changes, and not only to those who are overweight or obese.
- According to the Ohio State University Medical Center, 65% of 14-year-old boys get gynecomastia. Approximately 90% of these boys will experience natural regression of their breast tissues as they get older – the rest might have to rely on surgery.
- Like the rest of the procedures, gynecomastia surgery cost in India is more affordable than in the developed countries.
- To get the best plastic surgery in India, you need to know which hospitals to go to. Research on the various procedures, hospitals, and doctors and surgeons in India available for your choosing.
Advantages of Getting Cosmetic Surgery in India
- The low cosmetic surgery prices in India are probably the biggest advantage of getting procedures done in the country.
- You can go under the knife from the top plastic surgeons in India and still spend less than what you would in North America or other first-world countries.
- Many cosmetic surgeons in India have relevant training in various first-world nations.
- If you want to seek advice on where to find the best cosmetic surgery and the best plastic surgeons in India, ask Quality Surgery India for a quote and a guide.
- Aside from the cost of cosmetic surgery in India, another advantage is the country’s English-speaking medical professionals that make it easier for you to communicate.
- Cosmetic Surgery is offered in several big cities of India. And after getting cosmetic surgery in Delhi or Mumbai, you can enjoy the cities’ numerous tourist spots. The country has a lot of other places you can visit that could satiate the culture-seeking medical tourist such as the Golden Temple in Punjab, India.
Disadvantages of Getting Cosmetic Surgery in India
India might be halfway around the world for you, and fact remains that it’s hard going through surgery and the recovery process alone. Of course, you can bring someone with you, but then that could cost you double the amount you have to spend.
- If you choose to go to a cosmetic surgeon in India for your operation, you might not be able to go back to them for check-ups subsequent to your procedure.
- You also might not be able to consult the same surgeon in case any complication arises after the surgical procedure, and when you’re already back home.
- There might be some concerns about sanitation and cleanliness in developing nations, but as long as you know the institution you’re going to is reputable, you can set this worry aside.
India’s cosmetic surgery industry offers you a more affordable option to beautify your physical appearance, and gain more confidence. Consult your doctor back home whether you’re fit and eligible for the cosmetic procedure you seek. And if you are, don’t hesitate to explore the possibility of going to India for your plastic surgery needs.
Quality Surgery India facilitates affordable medical treatments at various hospitals under our network in India. For more information and FREE quote, submit the estimate–request form on the right.