Robotic Hysterectomy India
|Posted by: Jesse on June 17th, 2012
A number of gynecological conditions such as uterine and cervical cancers, abnormal bleeding, uterine fibroids and adenomyosis might warrant hysterectomy or surgical removal of the uterus. Robotic hysterectomy in India is a relatively less costly option than undergoing the state-of-the-art, minimally invasive procedure in any of the First World countries.
According to statistics compiled by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, roughly 600,000 hysterectomies are carried out annually in the United States alone. Because of the increasing costs and long waiting times of medical care in the West, many women residing there opt for affordable and high quality hysterectomy surgery in New Delhi and other parts of India.
The da Vinci robotic hysterectomy in India is offered by some of the leading medical facilities in the country at relatively lower prices (thanks to the low living costs in the country). With this novel robotic technique, women experience lesser pain and are able to recommence their normal activities in a shorter span of time versus traditional hysterectomy.
What is Da Vinci Robotic Hysterectomy?
- The da Vinci Robotic hysterectomy, which is quite akin to laparoscopic hysterectomy in terms of results, is performed with the assistance of a computer which maneuvers small, high precision instruments attached to a robot.
- Robotic hysterectomy, though expensive and time consuming (takes time to set up a robot for surgery), offers the advantage of shorter hospital stay, lesser scarring, lower risk of contracting infections and faster recovery compared to traditional hysterectomy.
- According to a study by D Sarlos and colleagues published in the May 2010 edition of The European Journal of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Biology, “robot-assisted hysterectomy is a feasible and interesting new technique with comparable outcome to total laparoscopic hysterectomy”.
Robotic Hysterectomy in India – Key Advantages
- The cost of robot-assisted laparoscopic hysterectomy in India is lower than the prices charged in the developed nations, such as the US, Canada, Australia and the UK.
- Overseas patients can expect to save 30%-60% when they opt for robotic hysterectomy in India. Hysterectomy through da Vinci robotic surgery in India is provided in well-equipped modern hospitals which are highly punctilious about the observance of hygiene and safety standards.
- Several hospitals in India are accredited by Joint International Commission (JCI), and many more are certified by the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH).
- The renowned surgeons in India are highly trained and many have good experience of performing the robot-assisted laparoscopic hysterectomy (RALH).
- Many reputable surgeons of the country have worked with prestigious hospitals in the US, the UK, Canada, Germany, and other West European countries. As they have the experience of working in western nations, they completely understand the needs of overseas patients.
- Language is also a key factor which goes in favor of opting for robotic hysterectomy surgery in India. Majority of the medical professionals in India are English-speaking.
- There are no or negligible waiting times for medical treatments in India. Patients can schedule surgery to remove the uterus in India conveniently.
Da Vinci Hysterectomy in India – Some Considerations
When thinking about undergoing a life-changing surgery abroad, such as the da Vinci robotic hysterectomy in India, it is advisable that you consider all the facts carefully.
- Find out everything from your gynecologist or surgeon about computer-assisted hysterectomy. Gather information about its pros and cons.
- Also, compare robotic hysterectomy procedure with other types of procedures, such as laparoscopic abdominal or vaginal hysterectomies.
- Determine how long the robotic hysterectomy procedure will take and the duration for which you will have to stay in the hospital, post surgery, in India.
- Robotic hysterectomy may cost more as hi-tech instruments and systems are used to perform the surgery. Consider and compare the costs of alternative medical procedures to get your money’s worth.
- In addition to the cost of robotic hysterectomy in India, also take into account your travel and accommodation expenses. Make an estimate for the money you will have to spend on taking along a companion to India with you.
International standards of health care, state-of-the-art health infrastructure and world-renowned surgeons, compassionate medical staff and competitive prices make robotic hysterectomy in India an attractive proposition.
Quality Surgery India facilitates affordable robotic hysterectomy in at various hospitals under its network in India. For more information, submit the estimate–request form on the right.
Breast Augmentation in Mumbai, India
|Posted by: Jerome on June 14th, 2012
Breast augmentation in Mumbai, India is one of the medical procedures that cause foreigners to flock to this popular South Asian city. The main reasons for the increasing influx of medical tourists for cosmetic surgery in India are the high quality of healthcare and the low prices.
The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery lists breast augmentation as one of the most popular surgeries that are performed on women. Oftentimes the surgery is performed to enhance the size of the smaller breasts or to enhance breasts that have become saggy due to factors like age and childbirth.
Why Consider Mumbai, India for Cosmetic Breast Surgery?
Cosmetic surgery in India is one of the leading parts of the Indian medical tourism industry. It is no surprise, considering the following points:
- The doctors in India are top-notch, and we work with some cosmetic surgeons who have been trained in first-world nations. As a result, they speak fluently in English and are able to communicate with the patients and explain all the details of the surgery with no problems.
- To boost their medical tourism efforts, most hospitals that offer breast enhancement surgery in India have hired staff members who are solely assigned to assist visiting tourists during their stay in the city for their surgery. These people are trained to help with concerns from the procedure itself to other details like hotel accommodation, transportation, and even recommended destinations for those who want to visit tourist destinations.
- Hospitals in India have invested in world-class facilities that are comparable to those of their western counterparts. Medical tourists who come to Mumbai and other Indian cities for their surgeries can be assured that they are being treated using the latest technologies also being used in the US, Canada, or the UK.
Planning to get Breast Enhancement in Mumbai? Some Tips
Before actually deciding to get your breast enhancement surgery in Mumbai, India, here are a few things to remember:
- Ensure that you are working only with the best surgeons and hospitals by looking up their information online, and asking for the doctor’s credentials and references from his previous patients.
- Coordinate with your local doctor about your over-all health to ensure that you are fit enough to undergo an operation. The hospital in Mumbai, India will also be conducting tests before the procedure, but it is better to make sure that you are healthy even before you travel to a foreign country.
As for the things to remember before your actual trip, here are some pointers:
- Coordinate with the medical tourism agency and the hospital about the weather and recommended things to pack for your travel. India is hot and humid during the summers and it is best to pack light clothes. North India may be moderately cold from December to February, so it is best to check the weather before you travel.
- Ensure that you are aware of any pre and/or post-operative diets that you may be required to follow. This will make it easier for you to arrange for meals that will fit your needs if necessary. Doctors in India who are involved in medical tourism are always ready to give out vital information to patients before they embark on their trips.
- Contemplate if you want a family member or a friend to go with you on your cosmetic breast surgery trip to Mumbai. It will add to your travel expenses, but it is always comforting to have a familiar face with you to help sooth any anxieties and to go on this journey with you.In the end itmay be worth it – considering you are getting low cost breast enhancement surgery in India anyway.
Breast enhancement in Mumbai may cost only a fraction of the prices in other countries, but this fact does not sacrifice the quality of the healthcare that patients receive in this bustling city. More and more people are going to India to take advantage of their world-class healthcare professionals and facilities for much lower prices, why not be one of them?
Several years ago, people were hesitant about going to other countries for surgeries, but in the modern times countries like India have proven that they can compete with first-world nations when it comes to the quality of work they do. Nowadays, because of the excellent feedback of international patients who have experienced their healthcare services, the prospect of having a procedure like breast augmentation in Mumbai, India is not scary or risky.
Quality Surgery India facilitates affordable breast augmentation surgery in at various hospitals under its network in India. For more information, submit the estimate–request form on the right.
Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery) in Mumbai, India
|Posted by: Emily on June 11th, 2012
Traveling for plastic surgery in India has become an increasingly popular option for anyone looking to improve their physical appearance without having to deal with the extensive wait times and high cost of similar procedures in their home countries. Procedures like eye cosmetic surgery in Mumbai, India make it possible for you to finally have the appearance you desire.
- Blepharoplasty is the medical term for cosmetic eyelid surgery. These procedures can drastically improve the appearance of your upper and/or lower eyelids, giving a more youthful and rested appearance.
- With age, gravity naturally causes the skin of the eyelids to sag, giving a tired and older appearance. This is medically known as ptosis. Thanks to procedures like ptosis surgery in Mumbai, India, you can have an appearance you feel more confident in.
- According to a report of cosmetic procedure trends published by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), nearly 200,000 people had eyelid surgery in 2011, clearly showing the demand for and popularity of these procedures.
- Upper eyelid surgery can keep your eyes looking young and alert for an estimated five to seven years and could even last an entire lifetime.
- Lower eyelid surgery is long lasting and rarely needs to be done again.
Advantages of Getting Eyelid Surgery in Mumbai, India
- Many doctors in India speak fluent English, and translators can be arranged should you encounter any language barrier.
- Hospitals in India provide world class care and are staffed by experienced doctors, many with international accreditation. You don’t have to sacrifice comfort and high quality care to have your eyelid surgery in Mumbai.
- The low cost of blepharoplasty in Mumbai, India means that you’ll be able to make substantial savings compared with having the same procedure in your home country, even after considering travel expenses.
- Cosmetic eyelid procedures are not usually covered by insurance unless the eyelid is drooping enough to impact your vision. By traveling and having procedures such as lower lid blepharoplasty in Mumbai, India, you don’t need to worry about insurance.
- Blepharoplasty procedures have a one to two week period of recovery. Mumbai, India is a unique, large city with no shortage of things to do and see, meaning your recovery time can double as a vacation.
- Mumbai, India is considered the commercial capital of India, and as such, English is spoken by a large percentage of the population, meaning you can enjoy your trip without struggling to communicate.
Planning Your Trip for Eye Cosmetic Surgery in Mumbai, India
- You may want to begin by getting a price quote for your eyelid surgery in Mumbai so that you can better plan your trip.
- When planning your trip, it’s best to avoid monsoon season, which falls in the months of June through September. The best time to travel to Mumbai is from October to April, when the humidity is low and the weather is nice.
- Before traveling for your eye cosmetic surgery in Mumbai, India, you may want to consult with your doctor to make sure you have all the proper vaccinations needed to travel abroad.
- Mumbai is a modern city with a high population, and as such you should remember to keep any money or valuable papers close to you at all times as a precaution.
- There are many options for eating in Mumbai, and you may choose to eat in expensive, fine dining restaurants to inexpensive street food. For those with less adventurous palettes, outlets of international food chains can be easily found.
Traveling to India for your eyelid surgery is a convenient and smart choice that you can feel confident in. With doctors and hospitals recognized around the world for their healthcare standards, you can feel safe even as you take advantage of the low cost of blepharoplasty in Mumbai, India.
Mumbai is a beautiful city that will provide you with unique sights and experiences during your trip without requiring you to sacrifice any modern comforts.
Quality Surgery India facilitates affordable eyelid surgery in at various hospitals under its network in India. For more information, submit the estimate–request form on the right.