All on 4 implants in India give edentulous patients an opportunity to restore their teeth for only a fraction of the prices charged in the West. If you suffer from missing teeth, all on 4 implants in India can be a cost effective treatment. Like other patients who travel for dental implants in India, you can expect to receive quality care for surprisingly low prices, thanks to the low cost of living in the country.
What are All on 4 Implants?
All on 4 implants, also known as ‘teeth in a day,’ are a long-term solution for missing or decayed teeth and are known for their high level of comfort and low maintenance requirements. The procedure involves implanting four titanium pegs directly into the jawbone, on which a full-mouth prosthesis is fixed. A study by P Malo and colleagues published in the March 2011 issue of The Journal of the American Dental Association concluded that all on 4 implants have a success rate of up to 94.8% after ten years.
Patients who’ve traveled for all on four teeth implants in India report a number of positive outcomes, including greater ease of chewing and speaking, and the increased confidence of knowing they have a permanent solution to missing teeth.
Cost of All on 4 Implants in India
- Of course, the biggest question patients have about all on four implants in India is the cost. Many people find savings of up to 70% compared to Australia or Europe. These savings can easily offset the cost of travel, which can be especially helpful for the uninsured.
- Many people worry that the low all on 4 dental implant cost will put them at risk of infection or other complications. The fact is that the quality of dental services in the country compares favorably to that in more developed countries. Anecdotal evidence from practicing clinicians suggests that the success rate of teeth implants in India as guesstimated by one of our network dentist is around 98-99%.
- Another common concern is that patients will be receiving inferior quality implants. On the contrary, patients can avail branded prostheses such as ClearChoice or Nobel Biocare all on 4 implants in India. Both Nobel Biocare and ClearChoice are widely considered industry leaders in terms of quality and aesthetics. Products by other leading brands are also available.
Alternatives to All on 4 Implants
Of course, all on 4 implant procedure isn’t for everyone. If you don’t need a full mouth prosthesis, individual implants are an easy way to cover gaps in your smile. Zirconium implants in India are another popular alternative. You can also go in for all on 6 or all on 8 implants.
Dental Travel Tips
If you’re a first-time visitor to the country, traveling for a procedure such as all on four implants can be a disorienting experience. Here are some tips to help restore your smile in a day in India without feeling overwhelmed:
- The primary dental tourism destinations include Delhi, Mumbai, Chandigarh and Bangalore. All of these cities, barring Chandigarh, host a major international airport with regular flights to and from the US, Canada, Australia, Europe and the Middle East.
- India’s currency is the rupee. ATMs are present in all major cities, though many places will not accept credit cards or traveler’s checks. Be sure to have enough cash on hand when you travel.
- The country’s official languages are English and Hindi. All doctors and dentists are trained in English, and most people in the tourism and hospitality industries are also fluent in English.
- Unless you’re an experienced traveler, avoid eating street food or drinking tap water while in the country.
- In larger markets and on busy streets, minor street crime can be a problem. Be sure to watch your bags, camera and wallet at all times.
When on a medical trip to the country for teeth in a day, you can also set aside some time to experience the country’s rich history and culture. Popular tourist destinations include the Taj Mahal in Agra and the world-famous beaches of Goa.
The Australian Institute of Health and Welfare estimates that as many as 11.4% percent of the adults are missing 10 or more teeth. For many, the main obstacle to restoring their smile is the prohibitive cost of dental surgery. Travel for all on 4 implants in India may not be for everyone, though many patients find it to be a great way to save money on a confidence-boosting procedure.
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information on Low Cost All on 4 Implants.