If you are filled with dread at the thought of wearing a swimsuit this summer or just need a little belly tightening that will allow you to wear that slinky dress, get a low cost abdominoplasty in Mumbai. Popularly known as a tummy tuck, abdominoplasty is one of the sought after cosmetic surgeries in India.
A 2010 report of plastic surgery statistics by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons found that tummy tucks are one of the top five improvement surgeries requested in the United States. As increasing number of people grapple with issues of body image, the desire for flat bellies and model-like silhouettes is sending men and women to get corrective tummy tuck surgery in Mumbai, India.
What is an Abdominoplasty?
- Like any other surgical procedure, it is important for you to understand what an abdominoplasty is. Also called a tummy tuck, an abdominoplasty is a popular surgical process in which a plastic surgeon removes excess skin and fat from the middle and lower sections of the stomach. This is usually followed by the tightening of abdominal muscles. This combined process helps create a flat stomach, which in turn improves overall physical appearance.
- It is important to remember that a tummy tuck is not an option for obese patients since it is not weight loss surgery (WLS). Instead it is meant to reshape a sagging protuberant stomach caused by loose skin and excess fat that cannot be targeted through diet and exercise. Abdominoplasty is also an option for people who have excess loose skin that is too weak to tolerate liposuction or have weak stomach muscles because of pregnancy or aging.
- A tummy tuck is done under general anesthesia. The surgeon makes an incision in the skin near the pubic area and removes the appropriate amount of loose skin and excess fat from the stomach before tightening the abdominal muscles. Depending on your body type, and amount of damaged skin and fat, the surgeon has the option of performing either a complete tummy tuck or a partial abnominoplasty, popularly known as a mini tuck. Mini tummy tuck in Mumbai, India is available at a cost much lower than that charged in the West. In either procedure, you don’t have to worry about the scar since it can be covered with your underwear and swimwear.
- Since an abdominoplasty is an invasive procedure, patients are required to undergo pre-surgical screening. It is imperative that you inform your cosmetic surgeon if you have any major issues in your medical history, including all chronic diseases, problem of blood clots, and previous surgeries, etc. This will allow your cosmetic surgeon to make decisions that will likely result in a smooth tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) in Mumbai.
How Much Does Tummy Tuck Cost in Mumbai?
- With burgeoning healthcare, health insurance and living costs in the United States, people are actively seeking cheaper options for procedures such as tummy tucks. Since many plastic surgery procedures such as abdominoplasty are elective, insurance companies are unlikely to extend any form of coverage unless an attending physician deems it a necessary procedure as treatment for painful conditions such as a hernia.
- Indeed, WebMD warns that not only will insurance companies not cover such procedures, but also might increase your monthly insurance premium if you apply for such coverage.
- But the relative lower cost of living in most Indian cities and more importantly, the affordability of medical care in India allows patients to undergo abdominoplasty tummy tuck surgery in Mumbai at rock bottom prices.
- And medical tourists will be pleasantly surprised at the top class hospitals staffed by experienced surgeons they get for a fraction of American or European prices. A tummy tuck in Mumbai, India will take away most of your belly fat and save you from 30% to 70% of the procedural costs. With the cost that you save on your tummy tuck, you may even opt for additional procedures, such as an eyelid surgery or MACS facelift in India to give your look a complete revamp.
Other Advantages of Abdominoplasty in Mumbai
- The leading hospitals providing plastic surgery in India are home to advanced technologies and state-of-the-art facilities.
- Since majority of the good hospitals are accredited by the JCI and/or the ISO, patients are likely to get some of the best medical services in the world as they undergo their tummy tuck in Mumbai.
- Many of the plastic surgeons in India have been trained in countries such as the US, Germany, and France and many of them are affiliated with leading bodies such as the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. An increasing number of surgeons in India have worked, studied, and published in the US and the UK.
- All your concerns about your low cost tummy tuck in Mumbai, India will be easily addressed by your attending surgeon since most medical professionals are fluent in English.
- As increasing numbers of modern hospitals fight for space in Mumbai’s crowded skyline, you will have very few scheduling worries. You will be pleasantly surprised at how easily you are able to set up your abdominoplasty in Mumbai, with least worry and unmatched assistance.
- India is a tourism mecca. From cosmopolitan cities to picturesque villages; modern malls to arts and crafts centers; fusion cuisine to homemade food in roadside restaurants, medical tourists will find amazing elements to explore. While you might not want to trudge the jungle trails or zip over raging rapids in the Ganges after your tummy tuck in Mumbai, you will still have an exhausting list of things to see and do in this city of lights, camera and action!
Heading for Tummy Tucks in Mumbai: Helpful Tips
- With an increasing number of hospitals and medical professionals wanting to cash into the burgeoning medical tourism market, it is necessary for you to do your research so as to avoid charlatans and substandard services.
- The best form of recommendation usually comes from patients. So listen and read patient referrals before you head for your tummy tuck abdominioplasty in Mumbai.
- Get all the terms and conditions of your travel and medical services contract in writing so as to avoid any unexpected problems.
- While India is a largely peaceful, tolerant nation, it is important for tourists to guard against petty crime.
- During your stay for tummy tuck surgery in Mumbai, stay away from roadside food and unfiltered water.
- Mumbai is a cosmopolitan city and English is widely spoken. However, carrying a Hindi-English pocket dictionary will help you against language impediments on the street.
This Maximum City by the sea will make your dreams of getting an elegant, sinuous body a reality. With its modern hospitals, compassionate and well-trained surgeons and low-cost procedures, an abdominoplasty in Mumbai is likely to leave you with a flat belly and high self-esteem!
Quality Surgery India facilitates affordable abdominoplasty in at various hospitals under its network in India. For more information, submit the estimate–request form on the right